Sunday 4 September 2011

August Picture Scavenger Hunt

So my very first Photo Scavenger........I underestimated the time it takes to do a post of this size and upload all photos etc....note to self....must be more organised next time

some of these were taken on our visit to Torquay in August to see one of my sisters and then visiting my auntie and her partner near evesham on the way home.


a fountain...........


with a seagull looking like he was about to have a bath


a picnic...........



a bit of alfresco dining in my sisters back garden in Torquay the closest we got to a picnic this month, but it was very nice and followed by some meat done on the bbq

bread.............




there were lots of bread stalls at the Wirral food and drink festival, but I particularly liked these heart shaped iced donuts so took this photo to include them

a funfair or festival.........


so the first day in Torquay, we set off for the day and I was armed with my camera and scavenger hunt list with my husband shaking his head at me.  Whilst we were driving down to the sea front I was readin my list of photos to look out for when I read this one and said.....'this one I think I will struggle to get'  then we got to the end of the road and there it was, a funfair, well I squealed with delight.....completely over the top.  But it certainly made the husband laugh and he loved joining in after this.



also managed to get a visit to Wirral food and drink festival, these are the New Zealand dancing sheep



street food.............




I did mean to take a picture of the fish stall in Torquay, but completely forgot.  So this is one of my favourite photos of a holiday we went on 3 years ago this week (not a particularly good photo but one that brings back lots of happy memories).  We got engaged whilst we were in Cyprus and the ring was too big, but I have it on in this picture, with the dress I was wearing the night we got engaged, eating corn on the cob bought from a street stall.  There are a few of them dotted around all grilling fresh corn on the cob and it tastes delicious.


something ancient.....




taken on our visit to Torquay, my husband wasn't impressed with my scavenger hunt at first and then really got into it and so this one was for him as he insisted we wouldn't find anything more ancient than dinosaurs (although admittedly these probably aren't that ancient!!)


something bizarre (or beezarre!!!)



a bit off a cheat I suppose, but it was quite bizarre seeing my husband dressed up as a bee keeper, checking for honey.  These are the newly aquired bees at my aunties and alas no honey yet, but we are led to believe that is quite normal at this stage, so maybe on our next visit.  They are building their lower nest as seen in the second picture, but nothing in the higher sections that you are allowed to harvest.


mountains..............




we normally head over to Snowdonia so I was hoping for a trip that way this month to get my mountain shot, but we've had lots on and didn't get there so this is a previous trip.  Our eldest dog, monty, cooling off in the water after a scramble up a mountain, he has his own mountain harness and loves it.


a sport...............


taken as we zoomed past in the car, so slightly blurry
a boat........



saw many in Torquay and Plymouth, decided to post this one as slightly different, being out of water
material ...............


bought about 8 weeks ago to make curtains for my front bedroom, but i'm very nervous as not done a project on this scale before.  I will get round to it...one day!!
a market...................



an ostrich egg amongst the chicken eggs in barcelona


Hope my photos are ok and thanks for keeping it open for anyone to join in......looking forward to this months list

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you (and your husband in the end) enjoyed doing the scavenger hunt!

    I especially like the photo of the fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're photos are great! I look forward to seeing next months!

    ReplyDelete