Friday 2 September 2011

Finished Friday

So 2 reveals for this weeks All Finished Friday Projects.  But before that, good news.....I have finally defeated my nemesis and have almost completed the dolls alive dress and romper (just buttons to add to both...so an excuse to visit the button shop tomorrow :) )  and I'm half way through a hat.  So I hope they all fit and the little girl loves them.

Right....on to the finished projects......

The first is a newborn cardigan, (design by Kay Jones...she has lots of patterns on ravelry and this is the first of 4 that I purchased from her, so looking forward to making the others)


I did add an extra row onto the arms as they looked a little short, so hope it fits....but better to be too long than too short (at least they can roll the sleeves up and have growing room)



I do really like the bobble stitched detail on this, it isn't like anything i've seen in the shops....


So on to the second and a big favourite of my and everyone whose seen him so far (especially my mum...she has requested her own!)  Named by his new owner Monty Bear (or his parents really as he is only 1!!!)


The pattern is a lion brand bear in a jif, again off ravelry, but this time a free pattern so make sure you take a peek.  Again I made a few alterations......I used a size 6 crochet hook and Wendy Mode Double Knitting yarn (50% pure merino wool).  I used two strands and he took just over two balls of the darker brown and a small amount of the lighter brown.  He is stuffed with toy stuffing and I decided to crochet his eyes and nose as he is for a one year old, I didn't want to risk and removable parts.  And then I felt he needed something extra as he was for such a special birthday...........

A jumper....so I knitted a front and back in stocking stitch with a moss stitch top and bottom and crochetted some buttons for the front......and the back.......well that's the special bit...........


His initials and the number one as a memento of his special day and in red and white as they are Manchester United household so no doubt he will dislike anything blue at some stage, important to consider all these things!!!!!!!
Now i've not got a great deal of experience of knitting in my adult life so I was really pleased with how the jumper turned out, especially the detailing on the back.....although I know there is always improvement to be made.  I also would cast on less stitches next time as I used 40 for the front and the same for the back which made the jumper slightly on the big side.
But all in all I'm really pleased with how he turned.

Lots to look forward to this weekend, the husband was off today so we had a pub lunch, followed by ice cream from nicholls ice cream in Parkgate, which is famous on the Wirral, do pay it a visit if you're ever in the area.  Then out for tea and cocktails tomorrow for the start of my birthday celebrations and another meal on sunday....so really being spoilt

Enjoy your weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment