Friday 7 October 2011

Finished Friday

A bumper reveal for this Friday as I've had a finishing off spurt of late

First up the Apple Hat I have made for my Goddaughter, I hope to get a photo of her in it soon but for now........



It is a pattern by Kay Meadors and this is the link to the free pattern on ravelry, so go take a look and have a go.  It worked up really quickly and was made in one evening.  It is crocheted in the round from the brown through to the red and the green leaf is crocheted separately then stiched on.

The next reveal is a hat my sister requested for her boyfriend as part of his birthday present, a little unusual and probably not to everyone's taste.  She is taking him away as a surprise for his 30th, but wanted a few bits for him to open and requested a fish hat as he is a keen fisherman.  I didn't think i'd find a pattern but good old ravelry came through again.  It's def worth signing up to this site if you haven't already as it has sooooo many knit and crochet patterns..and even better oodles of them are free.


Again this makes up quickly.  I started it on the Saturday and was all finished by the Sunday.  I did make a few alterations to the pattern, as I found it too tight around the head (I do crochet quite tightly so may be that).  The pattern is by Catrina Usher and can be found here, there is also a knitted fish hat pattern here by Thelma Egberts....I think this was the original pattern.  I will try to get a photo of Tony in the hat when he has received it :)

Another hat to reveal, this time made for my youngest sister (age 21) a bear hat, again at her request.  IT seems my sisters enjoy 'different' hats :D

I will get a photo of her modelling it and write up the pattern for anyone who is interested in having a go.

Lastly I have finished another newborn cardigan


The pattern is by Kay Jones and can be purchased here for $3.50

Three hats and a cardigan, i'm pretty pleased with ticking these off my list. 

Must dash have a date Mr N, a cuppa, some Fox's bisquits and Due Date.   Hope you're enjoying the start of your weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment