Monday 17 October 2011

Sooooooooo Beautiful

Well i've had a fantabulous weekend, hope you all have too.  We met up with friends for a curry on Friday to get the weekend started in a relaxed manor. 
After Mr N had been to work on Saturday morning we went for brunch at Bridgettes our lovely local cafe, which happens to be a couple of doors down from MADE, my local wool shop.  So it would be rude not to pop in and have a browse and I made some beautiful purchases, both for family birthday presents and some for the Christmas swaps i'm doing. 
After a snooze on Saturday afternoon (well all this yarn shopping can be tiring!!) we went to a friends house for tea.....do you see a theme here, I haven't had to cook once :)  I have made some mittens this week to go with the apple hat I made for my Goddaughter, so I delivered these whilst we were visiting and they fit, phew, big relief.  I will post some pics when I have them.
We also called in at our other friends to drop something off and had a welcome surprise in the form of a belated birthday present.  They had ordered my present weeks ago but kept being sent the wrong thing.  She did give me a cute ceramic IOU, which I was actually quite pleased with as a present as I thought it was a really lovely idea that I haven't seen before, much more sophisticated than the paper IOU's I remember as a child....i'm easily pleased.

Anyway, my actual present totally blew me away, it is sooooooooooo beautiful.  Want to know what it was?  My very own grown up knitting bag and not any old knitting bag, a CK knitting bag :)  I will happily skip to knitting group tomorrow night swinging my new bag along.  Want to have a peek?


even the handles are pretty!

and it's already being put to good use
It certainly beats the asda bag for life i've been using.

The weekend finished with a trip to my parents on Sunday for a roast, no cooking again.

And we went to my MIL's tonight for tea, we have been spoilt for a few days.

Whilst we are on the subject of beautiful things, look what else I received today, my 'prize' from Jacquie at Bunny Mummy blog



I entered her crochet bowl giveaway and was one of the lucky 3 to be picked, and I mean lucky as 112 people entered.  Imagine my delight when the postman knocked this morning.  I lept up to the door and ripped open the envelope, to be greated by a beautiful smell, not what I was expecting at all, but so much more.  Inside along with my new crochet bowl



was an owl notepad (well you can never have enough notepads in my view), a cute crafted heart


and the culprit of the gorgeous smell that met me upon opening the parcel.....a Christmas yankee candle



Well my eyes welled up, this is the first time I have been lucky enough to receive something in the post from blogland and I felt quite overcome with how kind Jacquie has been.  So I want to say a huge thank you to her and make sure you pop along and read her blog as she has some great ideas and tips and projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment