Thursday 15 December 2011

Day 15 Advent Swop

10 more sleeps my advent calender says :)  eeekkk soooooo exciting (but also sooooo much to do!)

Here is what I received in my advent swop today


3 packs of eyelets for my stash :) One pack has all different coloured round eyelets, another has gold and silver angels and the third pack has a mixture of white snowflakes, yellow butterflies, yellow stars, pink flowers and pink hearts.  Sooooo many cute little bits, i'm looking forward to crafting with these next year, thanks Bea x


Here is what I sent Bea

Candy Cane tree ornaments handmade by Cute & Cosy
I found these whilst browsing on ravelry and thought they were really unusual, pattern can be found here, (I did need to adapt it slightly to fit the size of my candy canes)

J is off tomorrow so we have a lovely day planned, including putting up our Christmas decs, lunch at a local cute cafe that serve gorgeous homemade cakes and i'm hoping to fit in a bit of sewing.  A lovely start to what will be a lovely weekend.

Two more bits of exciting news, the first is I've reached 17 followers yea :) Welcome to you all and thank you.  And the second is I've been awarded the Liebster Blog award :) really chuffed, will blog more about this tomorrow once I know what I have to do.

Just enjoying a chai tea latte before bed, so worth trying if you haven't.  It is full of different flavours, I first tried it in a lovely cafe in Evesham called 'word of mouth'.  And I bought a tin to bring home, which didn't last long.  This recent batch is from Aldi....gotta love a bargain and the taste is pretty similar to the previous batch.  Also the Aldi lot, comes in a box of individual sachets so great for out and about

X

5 comments:

  1. Lovely goodies and well done on your award :-)
    Happy Friday.
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare just popped in to let you know you won my giveaway over at Kandipandi's pad. Please email me your address and I'll send some goodies your way.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and well done. The swaps are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED the candy canes!! So unusual and pretty!
    Wish I had had time to photo and blog. Am so busy with Christmas prep, choir carol commitments etc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment on my blog. About the crocheted handles--It really depends what stitch you use and how heavy the contests you will carry. If you're not planning to carry anything heavy, than a crocheted handle will be fine (If you use a stout stitch like SC). If you are planning to carry something with weight, than you may want to buy a non-crochet handle. Hope this helped!
    Grace Ann

    ReplyDelete